Atompower™ is a new product intended for use in the Heat Treatment industry.
The name Atompower™ is also our trademark, and, is intended to convey the unit’s weight and size advantage when compared to existing equipment currently in use within the heat treatment industry.
The Atompower™ is a portable heat treatment power control unit offering the very latest power electronics technology to power electric heating elements for the purpose of on- site pre-heating and post- weld heat treatment operations.
Other industrial thermal heating applications are also possible with the new machine.
Patent application no 1102443.7, complies with IMCA safety regulations. And EMC standards.
The Heat Treatment industry uses as a normal standard, low voltage elements rated at 60 volts 2700w each to perform thermal heat treatment operations, elements are powered by a mains isolating transformer with a 3 phase input and a 60v ac output feeding to heating circuits via mechanical contactors.
A typical power controller may be rated at 50kva and will power 18 no 2700w elements.
This type of technology has been available for over 25 years and is available in various forms from a range of different suppliers who all follow the same technology originally developed.
In some cases other power outputs are specified.
The weight of a typical 50kva unit is over 350kg.
This very heavy unit weight is not ideal for operators of this portable equipment which must be transported from jobsite to jobsite.
The Atompower™ may be built in a wide range of different configurations depending upon our clients wishes; the modular design of the power electronics allows multiple control zones or parallel zone configurations depending on the technical requirement of any given project.
Atompower™ advantages over existing equipment are as follows-
• Significant weight saving 60 to 80% less kw for kw
• Significantly reduced size.
• Power input is universal, 3phase input @ 300v - 460vac (no links are necessary)
• Output voltage is dc for safer operating.(suitable for hyperbaric applications)
• Selectable dc output voltage. (NEK & SELV compatible)
• Overall efficiency more than 90%
• Constant current limiting in case of short circuit on the output.
• Overvoltage protection.
• Over temperature protection, function recovers automatically on cooling.
• HPIT test input to output 3000VAC input & output /ground 1500VAC.
• Power modules have a 3 year warranty, MTBF 104.5 K Hrs. min.
The Atompower™ units are manufactured as a self contained heat treatment power control units comprising-
• Power electronic modules with integral cooling fans.
• Programmer or temperature controllers for each outgoing channel.
• 3 phase power inlet /low voltage outlet sockets & 110v aux. outlet sockets
• Thermocouple input sockets
• Power inlet circuit breaker
Each power control unit is built into a purpose designed laser profiled stainless steel enclosure with laser profiled unique id markings ensuring the equipment is fully traceable.